Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Control Issues :)

Control. It is so very hard to give up. I struggle constantly with it. It seems the more God asks for, the tighter I hold on. Women problems! Why do we have to have it "just so" all of the time? Today, I had a mental list of priorities. I had the order they needed to be done and the time they would each need. The problem? I had to do something outside of my mental list, which stressed me out. Then, it threw off the plan I had in my mind, and brought along frustration. This is a perfect picture of life. We try so hard to control every aspect of it. We have it mapped out in our head. It all seems great until something throws a wrench in your plan. We become thrown off and discontent. Our attitudes begin to change and we become angry, fearful, and even vengeful. We watch as the attitude of our heart reveals the selfishness of control. We feel like strangers. The bible has 2 "s" words that most of us fear. They are often absent when we try and play "God" in our life. They are submission and self-control. Does that seem right? Yes- I am afraid it does. When I try and control every aspect of my life, I am unable (and to be honest- unwilling) to submit. To God, to the authority in my life, even to my husband. Along comes the pent up emotions of my own plan failing, falling like bullets on those I love most. Self-control has been lost. Isn't it oddly ironic that we need to have some sort of control, but it is over our actions. Self- control is not control within ones self, but over it! This brings me hope. I will never have full control in this life. It is just not possible, because I am not the only person on this planet. I can, however, control the way I respond to life and it's disruptions. If I am submitted to God, and allowing Him to lead me, then the effects of change will be met with grace. In James 4, it says to submit to God. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to us. It also says to resist the devil and flee, all necessary actions if we want to be free of the monster known as control. Lord, help us daily to submit our hearts to You. Give us power to have self-control. Give us grace to allow room for You to lead us in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment