Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The End

To let go is a hard thing. This is where we find ourselves. Tomorrow, there will be a video shown to let the church know we will not return. It is bittersweet. I love the people and miss them dearly. I also know this is best. It is best for them and best for us. The hard part is letting go. It has made up so much of who I am. It has molded so many of my decisions and ideals. But just like that- it is over. Funny, it wasn't how I saw our life, but I am confident it is the right choice. I am only afraid that, if God ever sees fit to put us in a place of ministry, I would not be willing. I wish it were easy. That all the answers were black and white. However, I cannot lie. Life is messy. I know that now more than ever. It also leaves scars that harden us if we let them. So I pray. I pray I would not allow satan to have victory. That my heart would not grow calloused. That I will look back over the past few years and know that the good that came was worth the price it cost. I am not there yet, but I am confident because it is God who will do the work. I only have to come with an expectant, willing heart and open hands. Just when life seems too hard to bear or not worth the effort, I am reminded of His promises. I am encouraged by this truth: He is near to those who call upon His name. Regardless of our state, He remains the same. What an encouragement it is to kgnow that our God is a strong God who fights for us! He allows us to go through pain that we would hold tighter to Him. He gives us the strength to hold on, even when it feels like it is impossible. He restores our soul when it only sees anguish. He is sufficient, sympathetic, and gracious to His children. This is the hope I cling to in this time. The hope that I have seen in the past. The hope that has brought me to this place. Jesus- He is our hope. 

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys and will miss you dearly!!! Continuing to lift you all up in prayer! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete