Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, April 4, 2015

He is Risen!

This Easter, we will be traveling all day on a train back to France. It has been a strange year for our family. We have learned to adjust to a life filled with time and happily accommodated to the slow pace we now take. Yet the holidays are a reminder. The loneliness of celebrating holidays without a church family. The reminder that it will be awhile before things will actually be normal again. That said, this Easter we are no less grateful for the blood that was shed. I am actually more grateful than I have ever been before! Without that blood, my life would be a mess. Without His grace, I would be alone. Without His promise, I would be without hope. We are blessed. In the midst of the pain and sorrow of life, we have a Savior who walked a road so much rougher than mine. He was betrayed so much deeper, beaten so much harder, an ultimately paid the price for my sin and shame. All without a word. He was willing to bear the cost- pay the price. He did it with many mockers. He did it with many accusers. He did not defend His honor. He laid down His rights. He counted the cost. In the end, we were worth it. No matter how much we have failed, He still considers us a worthy investment. What a blessed Redeemer we have. This Jesus- our Savior- Has risen from the dead victoriously so that we too may experience victory! The sweet blood of Jesus that washes over me and purges my sin to make me holy. All because He loves me. He loves you, too. It is that love that draws us into His presence and strengthens us to keep fighting in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment