Sunset

Sunset

Monday, December 15, 2014

A Christmas to Remember






Today we began to plan our christmas vacation. We had a couple of minor set backs this week with the knowledge that we will be relocating to a less-than-optimal place. While it will {eventually} be beautiful, it is currently not. I was not expecting that we would have such a short turn around on the move, but I know God will supply the grace to do it in the time frame. That said, we started to make our plans. They include feeding foreign zoo animals, castle dungeon labyrinths at night by lantern, indoor aquariums that house alligators, ice skating outdoors in the largest European skating rink- and it is outside of a castle, exploring castles, cave tours, and {of course} THE CHRISTMAS MARKET!!! The kids are so excited! {who am I kidding... I am SO excited}! One thing that I have really missed out on the last few years was connecting with my family. I was so busy chasing other people's ideas and taking a step back when I needed to step forward that I stopped taking my rightful place in my family. I became the observer. The one who was limited by, well everything. This christmas, I will ice skate {and probably fall}, go to the symphony, ride countless trams, and most likely get lost. Yet, I will do it all with my favorite people! What a great experience! Hopefully, we will see snow! It has been freezing and raining, but not all together. Today, however, the weather is quite warm! That isn't keeping the kids from their wishful thinking of a white christmas! We have made cookies, pumpkin everything, painted christmas nails,listened to countless hours of christmas music, and watched Elf so many times. It has been wonderful! Though it will be fun and memorable, I do miss home. The beach, movies, Coco- they all seem to be further away during this season. Leah and I have been sneaking across the street to cuddle the cutest doggy! His owners don't really pay him much attention, but he loves to be snuggled. It is sort of like prison, but I guess it works for now! I am counting down the days until we get to be with Coco though. I just hope she actually remembers us... 5 more months!

No comments:

Post a Comment