Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Spending our Christmas a little different means trying to understand that people in other countries still close on the holidays. I cannot get it through Leah's head that NOTHING is opened. Congratulations America- we'e ruined our children! 
Tonight was a beautiful, cold night exploring the Hungarian castle district. The sight is breathtaking and no photo could do it justice. Walking over the beautiful bridge was quite an experience! The expansive culture and beauty is unreal! Finish it off with an amazing meal on the river to Christmas carols on a baby grand and I'd say this will be a Christmas for the books! What a strange change for our little family. I look forward to more experiences with them in the coming months!
As the new year comes and the time flies by, I am fighting to keep my perspective. It is strange, but it seems like starting a church was a lifetime ago! It has been 6 months since we left IB. I miss everyone, but I know they are in much better hands! I am no longer in a hurry to get back and start over. I think the comfort of belonging is starting to overtake the sadness of leaving everything behind (except Coco, she may be the only reason I am going back to San Diego).  
This week, we went to the zoo. It was so very different than back home. I was incredibly close to animals I had no right being that close to! The photos of animals and cathedral buildings was so amazing! The petting zoo had baby kangaroos and ostriches. They were adorable! (And a little bit scary to be followed by) One ostrich gave me a photo show! Pose after pose. It was so cute! Yesterday was ice skating. My kids love ice skating! Throw in castles and make it outdoors and it is heaven! I was not too thrilled, but this is all about experience- so I skated for 3 hours. I am still sore today! Tomorrow we go to the aquarium. Then the circus and the labyrinth. Maybe even a hike or two (despite the cold weather). This place is amazing! I keep having to remind myself that  we are really here. You'd think after 4 months it would feel real already! Nope! Maybe when we get back and settle in to a new normal, we will reflect on this time and realize how truly unique a blessing it is! I hope you all have a merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment