Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, December 18, 2014

For the Love of Chalk Paint!

Hungary has introduced me to many new things. My favorite: Chalk paint!!! "I'm in love! I'm in love! and I don't care who knows it!" I cannot wait to chalk paint all of my furniture back home! I can see it now! Somewhere between my BBC home design challenge show and the hours on pinterest  I became enamored. I also have an entire barn full of "misfit furniture" here at the college. It is a treasure trove! A barn full of outcasts that are made of solid wood! I am giddy with anticipation!  Today I painted the first coat of tiffany blue on the TV unit made out of an old wardrobe. I can hardly wait until it dries. It is a little bitter sweet to know that I will pour into the new place and it will be finished just when we are ready to go. The good news is that someone is going to have a cool house when they get here {which cannot be said about our arrival} I decided to pick color schemes that are way out of my comfort zone! I love them! I may have to make some changes when we get home {the black bedroom furniture being the first on the list}. I will post pictures when everything is through and in. I am having to stretch my calculated self and let go a little with this. I will have tiffany blue, barn red, and black colored furniture with oyster and red seating, all in the same room. I have tried to configure it so the colors alternate and what not, but it cannot work. I just have to let it happen. I guess I had to come to terms with that at some point. I am also super excited to try the vinegar/steel wool over tea stain on the furniture. If that works, I will also be taking that home and having a field day on my furniture! I just wish I had my sewing machine here- then I would be perfectly happy!
We have had glorious weather this week! The sun has been out {for 8 hours because apparently the hungarian sun is part of a union} and it has been in the 50's. God is so good! It has made the cleaning of our new place a lot easier. I will miss the beautiful sunset views from this place, but I am excited to look out and see the horse farm and SNUGGLES!
Often, when you come to the end of yourself and the end of what you believe to be best, you realize that you had no idea in the first place! I am there! I am learning that sometimes you have to be pushed out of the nest to prove you can fly. Somewhere between the fear and the shock of the approaching ground I realized I had wings. I just needed to use them. So, in this little village on the other side of the world, I am finding the faith to be what God is asking me to be. Me. I like the possibilities that brings. Back to the chalk paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment