Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Perfect Peace

Often I think back to many things I read as a young girl. A Tale of 2 Cities is always fresh in my mind. I remember those books as if it were yesterday. Well, lately my life has been a tale of battle. I have been working through things that have clouded my heart and distanced me from my Lord. I have been reflecting on my character and challenging myself with God's word. When all is said and done, I am being brought back to a place where I can only move dependent on Him. I have been seeking Him to find His peace through this storm. I know that He is doing amazing things around us, but I am constantly having to battle the truth with the lies my mind can conjure up. I am having to check my mind and balancing it against the truth I have in the word. I have been plagued with things in the darkness of night, trying it's best to unglue me, yet awake to see the joy of the Lord in the morning.I have been pulling away from self-centered friendships and challenging myself to be involved with others.  Mostly, I have been learning how to be content in Him. This season has been a great preparation for what the Lord has in store. The women's bible study will be starting soon, and I am thoroughly amazed that GTod is bringing so many to study His word. I am told that this book will challenge the very core of our faith, causing us to decide if we plan on pushing forward in Him or giving up completely. I can honestly say that I have been there this past month. For the first time in my life I am learning how  much I need to be in control of my life. God is challenging me to choose, Him or me. I am so very blessed to say that He is giving me the strength to choos Him. His perfect peace is the only thing keeping me afloat in the constant storm.. The beauty is, I know this storm will pass and I will be better because of it! I encourage you today, if you are struggling with your worth, find it in Jesus. If you doubt your salvation, know it is given to you by the One who is victorious. If you are lacking faith, rely on Him to remain faithful because He is steadfast and never-changing. Come unto Him and allow Him to be your suffiency. He always desires to be strong in us, but so much more in our weakness. I am so grateful that He is the sealer of my fate and He is the one who pursues me. Seek Him, call on Him. He will answer you in your time of need and He will sustain you. What an amazing Father we have!       l

No comments:

Post a Comment