Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

HOW!?!



Tuesday- my question is this: HOW?

How is it that my beautiful, sweet baby girl will be a teenager in 2 short weeks? That, as I stare at her, she turns more and more beautiful? Her kind heart, sweet nature, gentle spirit, amazing talent, and fun personality wrapped in the body of a beautiful young lady. I want my little girl back, but I love the young woman that is growing before me.
Today was a first on many levels. It was an emotional day. It started out with me having to drive. I was so afraid, I barely slept in anticipation. When I woke up, fear became even thicker. I looked out the window and was unable to see anything due to the fog. I pep talked myself { a new habit I have gotten into since everything takes one nowadays} and got in the van. Most people are unable to drive here because they have no knowledge of driving stick. Sammy and I are part of a blessed few that are capable. So, that excuse down, I was ready. We drove out of the college and onto the 2 lane road that we would take 45 minutes into town. Well, as we drove further away from the college, the visibility was gone. NOTHING! I wanted to pull over and cry, but I know there is no shoulder and as I couldn't see, I would have surely ended up in the ditch. So I drove forward. Tears streamed down my face, and I tried my hardest to pull myself together for Leah's sake. We blindly drove, unable to measure where we were or how far we had to go. Every so often, I was met with the headlights of someone who thought it was a good idea to pass a vehicle, which brought more tears. We arrived and I went into the gym. I needed to pull myself together, so I went into the restroom in the foyer. The same restroom I have used every time. Well, for whatever reason, I looked up and read the sign. Maybe I am becoming more aware of my surroundings, or somewhere someone needed to have a good laugh at my expense, but as I read it realization dawned on me. It said Ferfi. Not Noi. Great! I have been using the men's restroom this entire time! It explains all the looks that I had been given! All I could do was laugh! How did I get here? Last year at this time, I was listening to Christmas music, crafting and enjoying all the season has to offer. I was preparing a special surprise party for my baby girl. I was living in an ignorant bliss. Now, here I am in a foreign country, driving blind and using men's restrooms! How?
We arrived home safely {facing the fog again}, and Leah began to ask me questions about make up. Actually, I saw this coming. Last year, I told her we were not opposed to her wearing make up, but I wanted to take her to get it and show her how to use it. Lately, she has been watching tutorials and talking about her friends who wear it. I reminded her again that I was not opposed to her wearing it, she just needed to learn how to. She asked me to show her last night. Somehow, between the laughing and fun of teaching a {very mature} almost teen how to apply eye liner and not look like the lady from the Drew Carey show, I watched my baby turn into a young woman. Somewhere between the make up and newly done eyebrows we moved from little girl to this. I love her. She is funny, kind and sweet. And soooo beautiful on the inside and out. How, on this emotional day, can I thank God for all the blessings that are right in front of me? In the midst of all the things my heart and mind- even my life- are experiencing, there is joy. He has made me glad. He has blessed me with 2 of the greatest kids on the planet! I don't deserve them. I can't even take credit for them. Yet, I have them because He gave them. Thank You Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment