Sunset

Sunset

Sunday, November 30, 2014

To Glitter or not to glitter...

 Is that a real question?!?

It is this year! Normally, I would be sitting in a warm, scented room with Christmas music playing in the background. The place would be decorated with everything Christmas. The presents would be wrapped and under the tree. I would {definitely} be enjoying a piece of pumpkin pie. My doggie would be laying at my feet. That is how most of my Christmases went. 
     This year, we have a different life. In an effort to try and feel like the holidays are here, I have been playing Christmas music non-stop. Today, we made a tree out of sticks. We strung garland and painted old canvas {I believe it thanked me}. As we listened to the words to the songs, Leah and I were laughing at how we can relate to them now! With talk of snow next week, rain today and temps in the mid 30's, we have completely entered uncharted territory for the Sandino family. This next week, all the students leave. The staff go home to visit their families in the states. The sad reality that we will be here alone for 6 weeks has started to sink in. That doesn't mean we can't celebrate my favorite time of year! We may not have much, and it may not look the same as years past, wbut this year we are here! I will find ways to add glitter to this season and rejoice! I don't know where next year will be celebrated, but I don't really need to look back in longing or look forward in worry. I get to sit back and enjoy today. So tonight, I sit in a warm house, with no presents and a tree branch Christmas tree, listening to music and thanking God for the gift He became for us so long ago. The gift that we are reminded of this season. Tomorrow is the first day of December. Remember the reason for this season and celebrate Him every day! sziasztok!

No comments:

Post a Comment