Sunset

Sunset

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Lost?

What a day! It all started this morning! I set out for a 5 mile run. It was a little chilly, but not too bad. With about a mile left, I decided to run through the forest. I had never gone this way before, and it looked safe enough. The rain was starting to come down, but I figured the distance was the same. {looking back, I realize I had NO authority to make that assumption being as I never went that way before} Well, boy was I wrong! I ran down paths and got so incredibly lost and off track, that my nice 5 mile run quickly turned to 10. Praise God I have an app that tracks me in current time and gps {best in app purchase EVER} I got caught up in thought and realized I no longer had a path to run on. I looked up an all I saw were large trees and brush. I looked at my gps and it had stopped tracking for the last mile. I was lost. Oh so lost! I freaked out a little, then realized that I just needed to get back to a place where my gps could pick up signal. After what seemed like eternity, I was back on track- but not without an adequate amount of lost forest pictures and running in the rain selfies! I blame it on the bible college!
This semester has had a very sad little plague going around. We had tried our hardest to stay clear of it, yet it hit! Lice. Tiny, icky bugs that torment you and basically cause a panic that chills me to the bone! I have been checking heads here at the house every day since the first outbreak last month. We had been free and clear. I made the kids use the defense spray and checked. Friday, the little fellas resurfaced at the castle. When I checked Leah's head this morning, I saw a nit, and a bug. Yay! Christian also had them. He got a nice new hair cut prior to treatment! They had very mild cases since I have been checking like a crazy woman. We also treated the neighbors. Their little one was so sad because she had it so bad! I am convinced that lice is my lot in life- or my calling. Not really sure it is a blessed one! :)
It is 11pm and after 8 hours of de-licing heads I am exhausted! There is an adorable doggie sitting on our doorstep whining to come in. The kids are giving me a hard time because I won't let him. His little whine is all but killing me right now! Please go away cute puppy!



No comments:

Post a Comment