Sunset

Sunset

Monday, November 10, 2014

You are my sunshine!

     Today, the sun is trying to fight and stay ahead of the clouds. The bright orange leaves of fall are turning brown. The wind is robbing the trees of their coverings. The ground is a mixture of colorful amber leaves, scattered like a carpet across the green grass. Fall. It is so beautiful to wander the roads and forest through rolling green and beautiful reds and yellows. Listening to worship and enjoying the cool air on my face. What a strange new experience.
     I am happy to spend these last few fall days outdoors. I am unsure what winter will bring. Leah's gymnastics coach asked me if we brought this weather with us! I guess it is uncharacteristic for this time of year. I chose to believe it is because God loves me!
Lately, I have been anxious to get home to my Coco. We had a FaceTime date and it made it worse! Soon we will see her. :) Is it too early to make a paper chain!?! :)
This past week I believe Leah grew a foot. She is almost as tall as I am! It is tough to believe that I will have only high schoolers when we return! Where has the time gone?
     


     I am enjoying this beautiful, strange adventure called life right now. I am eager to see where it goes from here! Thank you all for praying and loving us! We are learning to rest and slow down (sort of) at a much-needed time. Soon it will all be memories, but for now it is life! Life is meant to live- and it is only worth living when it is lived with the One who gave it to you! Thank you , Lord, for walking the path before us and with us. For the beauty we get to see along the way. For the hope that restores and renews hearts. For the promise of heaven and eternity with You!

No comments:

Post a Comment