Sunset

Sunset

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Faith moving forward

I soooooooo overdid it today! I have been pretty sick the past couple months and had to go back on liquid diet. This week has been the first week I felt well in awhile. My dr wants me to go on a 80/20 liquid diet to get a better idea of what treatment option to take when she does the procedure next month. So, why not have my first meal be curry? Seems smart, right? Then, go to Eastlake in 90 degree weather and run 8 miles because it seemed smart at the time, and it seems surprisingly easy compared to running on the sand. But, now as I sit hunched over in pain I realize, it was a bit much! When will I learn? I ask everyone to please pray for this test. If the results are not good I have to get a port and deal with medicines and steroids and nutrients, which will make everything about this season of rest quite difficult. I am choosing to believe that God can make me better and I ask that you would add me to your prayer list. Thank you!
      Overall, today was a productive day. We figured out schooling for the kids- which is a huge relief to me. We are still trying to find Coco's new family. I told Sammy that I guess it isn't fair that we would have the best dog in the world and keep her all to ourselves. She knows something is up. She has been an incredibly intuitive animal. I am so surprised that I can love something that is not even human ad much as I do. (Although she really is human-like) She and I have been spending a lot of time together. I will miss her terribly, but she will fall in love with her new family because the reality is- she is just a dog. Tomorrow we begin the packing process. How I hate packing! I have been blessed to have moved very little in my marriage. I am glad in one sense because I am sure we have so much that we simply do not need. On the other hand, this is going to get real very quickly! Today, I had wonderful conversation with a very sweet woman who served in Hungary for years. It was a little daunting at first because I had to wrap my mind around the concepts that seem so foreign to me. You know, like people who don't speak english- or spanish. Or living in a rural village. But, then for the first time I began to get excited. Maybe because she was so excited for me or maybe because I was getting actual information about where we were going, I don't know. All I know is that this was the first time I saw this as a good thing and not a scary thing. I have been trying so hard to focus on the blessings in obedience. I know that God will meet me in my obedence, but He wants so much more for me! For all of us! He wants us to trust Him. He wants us to be in love with Him. He wants obedience to be a response, not an obligation. I realize that there are a lot of hard things going on in my life and the life of my family but it doesn't change who God is! He is the same God who blessed and sustained me thus far and He deserves my heart. He has earned my trust. He knows the plans he has for me, for my family, for the church in IB, and for every aspect of our entire life- even Coco! Why do I worry? What good does it do? It just takes away from the trust I have in Him. So, it is time to stop sulking and being a victim and yield to this season. I am so glad that God is a patient, loving Father and that He desires to be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment