Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Thing You Should Never Do

Things you should never do: Google sad things!

Last night, I learned that you should never research something on the internet unless you want extreme answers! My question? Will my dog forget me after living somewhere else for a year?
I was not ready for the wealth of sadness that would pop up in my search engine! There were people who told Homeward Bound stories and those who talked of doggie depression. The end result was tears streaming down my face as parents in the gymnastics viewing room stared in wonder. I read some stories about dumb dogs (they were obvious cat people) who did not really care where they lives as long as they were fed and walked. Then, there were the terribly sad stories about dogs who ran away in search of their owners. Or the dogs who looked for their owners everywhere they went. The saddest? The dog who died because they refused to live. This dog was "very in tune to their owners and intuitive"... GREAT! Of course my dog falls into this category! On came the tears. (And the parents that basically think I have gone nuts based on all the life realizations that hit me in that small room) Then came Leah. I quickly closed my browser. The last thing I needed was for her to see that story! I thought she was the one who would struggle with leaving the dog. I did not see myself falling in love with an animal! When Sammy promised the kids a dog, I was super leery! I was not an animal person. I had dog horror stories and wasn't super excited about it. Yet, Coco melted my heart. She started out in the sunroom and within the month she was part of our family. She hugs, holds my hand, knows when I am sad, doesn't leave my side when I am sick, and always wants to be near me. She loves walking with me and running is her favorite! She loves us so much that she uses everything within her to fight her instincts and obey. Oh how I will miss her! My heart will have a hole in it. But- it is only a year. I hope she will eat, enjoy her new family, not be depressed, and NEVER conspire with cats and old dogs to come and find us!

No comments:

Post a Comment