Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Hungarian Experiences



And they keep coming! Yesterday, I spent a couple hours in the mall... In Budapest. I will (eventually) get used to being stared at. Someone really should have followed me with a camera! It would have been a great social experience!
     The mall was huge. It has several stories and buildings. There are 3 separate buildings connected by pathways... But the catch is that only one floor connects them. And... It is not the same floor for all buildings. And the escalators are misleading because there are multipleS next to each other. So basically- I was lost. I happened to find a "bio store"- which is their version of organic! That was a score! They also had several "paper" stores. Those were different, but probably my favorite. My main reason for being there was to find a keyboard (music not computer) for Christian to play. He is going through withdrawals. It is quite sad. So, I finally found a place called "Media Mart". (Think Best Buy but foreign). No luck. Media Mart was located in the bottom floor- basically the basement. When I left, I noticed the escalator only went down. I decided to go around the (dark) corner, where I thought I would find the up escalator. I should have figured I was not in the right place when the security guards were looking at me and laughing. Normally I would have- except my bag had torn and I was relocating everything so I could still carry it. Through their laughter and frantic pantomime, I realized they wanted me to turn around. When I looked up- I realized that I was DEFINITELY in the wrong place! I turned red at the sight and ran the opposite direction! It was sooooo embarrassing! Foreign countries! I have to give them credit though- it was basically in the basement and very hidden. One of the mimed to me that I had to take the elevator out. Which brings up their elevator system. They all go to different places. So- 3 elevator next to each other will go to different floors! I am pretty convinced this is all for the viewing pleasure of their security team!


     KFC is also a big thing here. Who knew Hungarians loved them some fried chicken?!? McDonalds has a McCafe inside and it is actually a coffee shop! The strangest part? Their coffee is very good! Sammy wanted to get Sushi... I am not so sure. There is no ocean for fish- that is just asking for sickness.

     We have almost finished decorating Leah's room. It is so different than her American room. So girly! She chose cherry blossoms as her theme. Pink and brown everywhere! I was surprised! When I inquired about it, she said," It's only a year. And I really wanted to try it." She is so cute!
     I have been getting headaches again. It is so sad! I don't understand it. It has been so long since I had them. I am praying that they don't get worse.
     I have been doing the study by Kay Smith-"pleasing God". It has been a great reminder. I have spent so much of the past 3 years pleasing others- which got me nowhere and left deep wounds. I have been working through what it means to please God. I have always thought it meant that you must be an obedient child. I am learning that obedience is a part of it, but I also must be a present child. I need to have a relationship that is personal and active with Him. He is already pleased with me. I was created for His pleasure. He wants my heart, not just my actions. This is a hard lesson to learn. I am always guarded with my heart, and the times I let that guard down have always led to pain and destruction. The Lord has been showing me that I am to be unguarded with Him, regardless of my pain. I am working through what that looks like. Some days are no problem, some are catastrophic! Yet He is gentle and loving. His word is soothing and precise. His voice a constant reminder of His love for me. Sheep are a big thing here. It really is cool to watch them travel in the fields. Sometimes, their shepherd is afar off. He gives them space. But when one of the sheep finds themselves in trouble- he is right there to help them. The shepherd never raises his voice. He never appears frantic or worried. He is always calm and collected. Watching them and guiding them. It really brings life to the image of The Lord as our Shepherd.

No comments:

Post a Comment