Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Late-night reminders

Today- tonight- I fight to enjoy the life God has blessed me with and the opportunities I am surrounded with. I am reminded that they came at a price. A very high price. I am torn because in this time of rest others have to work even harder. I am trying not to worry. I am trying to trust. But really- I am just sad. Sad that there are so many things I cannot change. Sad that life is hard and sin is real. Sad that people are selfish. Sad that satan deceives and steals. Sad that we do not see ourselves as God does. Sleep is no friend tonight. Instead, I battle in prayer the things my mind uses to bring me back under the bondage of fear. I cling to God's promise that He will never leave me nor forsake me. I hold fast to the truth that Jesus is coming back. Life is hard and full of pain. It is also full of joy. Even when it seems like it is gone, He has broken down the walls that threaten to imprison me and will flood my heart with peace.

Ephesians 2:14
"For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation"

No comments:

Post a Comment