Sunset

Sunset

Friday, October 17, 2014

Hope in Him

Pumpkins are always better when you pick them!
                                           
                                                    Hope is the thing with feathers
                                                         That perches in the soul
                                                And sings the tune without the words
                                                           And never stops at all.
                                                               Emily Dickinson

Some days feel hopeless. Everything seems so meaningless. Then I am reminded that my life only has meaning when it is centered in God's will. The hard part is to do it! What is God's will for me? Where do I find hope in this life I am living? How can I remain focused on God instead of becoming consumed with my feelings (or lack there of)? Choice. I have to choose. Many choices have been made for me, but hope is my choice. I get to look ahead through the promise that God will never leave me nor forsake me. I have to believe that He is preparing the future even as I fret in the present. I must allow Him to take the past and cover it in His blinding grace that washes away the pain and sorrow of death. Hope. It is in all of us. The desire for things to change. To become better. To be true. My life has been a sort of roller coaster when it comes to hope. I was an optimistic  child. Then, as life etched away at my bright ideals, I slowly watched my hope dissipate. Little by little it ran down the drain. Here I am, so many years later, trying to replenish the hope that has all but gone dry. Fighting to trust that God can saturate this life with Him and renew the death with life. Clinging to Him in the midst of agony and fear and trying to make godly decisions in the choices that are before me. I am reminded of a song from high school by a group called PFR. It was called "where is God in all of this". I know He is here, but I am at a loss. How do you move on when everything seems so bleak? Hope. I will choose to have hope in The Lord.
His promise is that I will receive it. It just may not look like I thought it would!


Lamentations 3:25 NIV
"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him"


No comments:

Post a Comment