Sunset

Sunset

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Tuesdays are...

I am sitting here watching Leah do gymnastics. We thought coming to Hungary would tell us if she was through or if she would want to keep going. I believe she wants this. I am watching her work on form, try things she basically refused to do back home (for years), and apply herself as well as the corrections given. It is funny to think that this girl almost quit. Here she is now, having missed 2 months and grown a couple inches, having to work really hard. Probably harder than the times she wanted to give up. She has committed to running with me to keep up her cardio, she has been strength training with her dad, she has shown a drive that has been nonexistent up until now. We wondered how she would respond to this. Would she give up? Would she decide to pursue other things? Yet today, I see her. Determined. Focused. Choosing to work hard for something she deems worthy. What more can a mother ask for? I am blessed by watching her. Instead of looking at her circumstances and deciding it makes more sense to give up and move on, she stayed put and worked harder. How is it that we can learn from our children's responses? Aren't we supposed to be teaching them? Praise God that He is at work. I see His hand, even in moments like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment