Sunset

Sunset

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Oh the places you will go!

It is starting to look like we are leaving! Boxes are getting packed, things sold, a prior life stored away until we need it (or don't). I am surprised at how much we have been able to get rid of! I didn't realize we had so much we didn't need.
What a month this has been. Between living life as if nothing has changed and closing life in the face of change, it has required a ton of effort. Trying to squeeze moments in with everyone we love has proven to be difficult. I know there are so many we are unable to get together with. I am so sorry! Know that we love you all!
It has been painful letting go of things. Not physical things per say, but things none the less. Things like friendship and fellowship. Ministry and family. Emotions and facades. I know the past two months have brought me closer to The Lord and my family. I am nervous and excited to see where God takes us in life. I know that we will never be the same, and that is not a bad thing! There has been such a freedom in sitting at the feet of Jesus. I have only known this life and it's familiarity, but I know God will give me the ability to learn in the seasons to come. I have only lived in Southern California- that will change. I have never attended another church but Calvary San Diego, and that will change also! I have been virtually in the same place for most of my life! 28 years at CCSD! How it has been a good place to serve! As we go to Hungary and take a break in serving to focus on our family, we pray for all those who are serving here in this place we love so much.
Ministry- it is what we are all called to do. We don't have to do it in a building or full-time as a pastor. We can minister through prayer and encouragement. Loving those around us. Being a light in the workforce. Serving the least of these. This new season will be interesting! Starting over isn't always easy and doesn't always seem to make sense. The beauty is that we are His children and He will use us anywhere if we yield to Him! Hungary is going to be the beginning of a new perspective. I am nervously anticipating His guidance. I am curious where we will go from there! Oh the possibilities when you let go of it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment