Sunset

Sunset

Friday, August 22, 2014

Worship The Lord!

Worship
An act of adoration and praise
Love poured out generously from one person onto a being or entity deemed worthy

Worship has always been a huge part of who I am. Growing up, I was never fanatical. Not regarding boy bands, or pop culture. Not in regards to fashion or even activities. Maybe in regards to education (cough cough *nerd*). The one area I fixated on was music. I loved it. Not your average radio station melody. REAL music. Written on staff paper with lines and dots, representing beauty poured out from the composer's heart with passion and pain. It was exhilarating to hear. To FEEL. I remember going to the symphony with friends (no, they weren't 50) and sitting in the audience. I would close my eyes and let the music overwhelm me, like an ocean's tide shifting and swaying my emotions in its power. I would travel the journey. The ups, downs. Everywhere it took me. I would be so enthralled in its splendor that I found myself holding my breath! The gift of a musician's fingers flying over strings and keys articulating a beautiful story. Every musician poured into their role and released the finished work in unison. They were just as awed as I was. My mind would be swept away in the tone and dynamics of the piece. It was wonderful! When we left, no one was able to put into words the feelings we had experienced. We all just knew. The somber joy caused by the immersion of our heart was inexplicable.

This past March, I was blessed to share on the topic of worship with the women at Calvary IB. It was tough, because it is almost impossible to take a part of who you are and expose it for others to see. Like the moments after the symphony- words were hard to formulate. It was basically a tutorial on the "hows" and "whys" of worship. The only way to help them see was to usher them in. We spent the remainder of the time surrendering our hearts, minds,wills and weaknesses to the One who is worthy. The One who laid His life freely for each and every one of us. What an amazing feeling to come to a place where your hands are lifted high and your heart is completely yielded. Imagine the sight from God's vantage point! His crazy, messy, sweet, emotional children, down at His feet holding their arms up to Him! Their longing and need weighing heavy in His presence. A longing to be held. To be near. Oh how He loves the praises of His people! Not because He loves to be praised! But because He LOVES HIS CHILDREN! Why do we fight the way we were created? Why do we fix our eyes and heart to worship things that are no where near worthy and replace the One who deserves all? Oh the selfishness of man. I am so grateful that God sees us and knows us. I am also grateful for the heart He placed in us and the longing He has given us. Worship The Lord because He is worthy!!!

On a side note - 16 years ago I said "I do" to a young man who would change the course of my life forever! He is strong, passionate, caring, loving, and my best friend. Some of the years have been tough, but the foundation of God in our life has brought is through many difficult situations and will continue to keep us. Happy Anniversary, Sammy!
Deuteronomy 4:29
"Seek The Lord your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment