Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Unattached



Man! I do not like packing! Today was supposed to be easy! Leah had already packed before she left for a sleepover. It was supposedly ready for painting. HA! Well, I really hope Leah wasn't too attached to anything, because it really is all packed now! (Maybe most is packed in the trash)
Each kid was given a box- 14"x25"- to fill for Hungary. Clothes, shoes, whatever they wanted to take. It is strange how unattached to things you become when you can only bring what fits in a box. I am realizing how unattached I am to everything! I just want to throw it all out, give it away, or sell it. I guess I have just had such an upheaval this past summer that I realize none of these things we hold onto really matter. Sure, here on earth they make a difference. But oh how much junk we have! In closets, in drawers. Junk everywhere! I cannot believe how much we stored away! Books, bags, papers, so much that I hadn't even remembered storing! I think after getting rid of everything, we have about 2-3 boxes per room. Crazy! All the things we thought we needed but never even gave a second thought!  It has made packing a lot easier!
In just over a week we will move our family away from everything they have ever known! They are so excited! Monday starts school, along with the mad dash to finish everything up state-side.
New adventures await. First Hungary, then who knows? God- that's who! I am starting to miss everything a lot less. I am able to walk away from things that seemed so overwhelming before. I am beginning to realize that change was inevitable, and I am so glad God is guiding us through this one. I am also learning to "let it go" and stop worrying about the "what if's" of life. I am so glad for God's peace. I have been reading a book about Grace, and it has been a constant reminder of how much God loves us. I was blessed by this today, "Grace mean that God already loves us as much as an infinite God can possibly love." God loves us, me, as much as He is capable of- infinite and immeasurable. That is the God we are adopted by! That is our Father. The One who saw our life from the beginning and sees it to the end. The completed work. Oh the hope that brings! Now, to finish packing!

No comments:

Post a Comment