Sunset

Sunset

Saturday, August 2, 2014

4 weeks

Today's research: looking for gluten-free and corn-free products... In Hungary. Gluten-free would be a breeze! Corn is not! Gluténmentes. This word was all over the website for Tesco! kukorica(koo-kor-ITZ-ka). Often followed the previous word in the ingredient list😢
Also, our passports came in the mail. I am appropriately in agreement with the weather- gloomy. When will this Eeyore mentality stop? I can't wait until we get to the Airport! Then I can put all my effort and energy into... well, I am actually not sure what to yet but it HAS to be better because God said so, right? What a child I have become! Things have been a little difficult lately, and I turn into a kid all over again. The past couple months have been interesting to say the least! Some parts I could have lived without, some I am glad I went through. I look forward to seeing what God does this year! The past few have wreaked their havoc in a mixture of blessings and disappointments and I have finally come to a place where I have stopped fighting what God wants to do. The hard part is to keep going! I thought it was the other way around! But here- now- in the place where the Lord has my complete attention and has total control, I feel like giving up. For so many years I pushed forward and kept going as if it were no problem, however I often fought for control in the process. Somewhere within that is a balance. I am excited to find it! I know it is there! So I will keep moving on this road. This next month will fly by and, before I know it, we will be there. 4 weeks. I can make it through 4 busy weeks. Weeks of closures. Weeks of sad goodbyes. Weeks of packing and cleaning. Of dr. Appts and other appts. Weeks of purging- keeping only what matters and bringing only what is necessary. This will have officially been my toughest summer! But Sept. Is coming, and I can put it behind me! I can glean what the Lord wanted to teach me and work on what the Lord has in front of us. I am learning to apply Prov 3:5-6 in it's fullness. I realize I have NO understanding and I must trust in the Lord with ALL my heart. If I don't give Him all of it, there is room for me to lean on my own understanding. That is not a safe place for me! I am assured of His promise that He will direct our path if we trust Him with All... so that is my prayer. Complete and total surrender to Him. There really is no other way through the times that are unclear to us. Soon, incredibly soon, we will say goodbye to this town. To this home. To our puppy. To our family and friends. We will walk away with our luggage and board an airplane. (And apparently, my family has decided to use a brittish accent the entire flight😁😳) We will go to a place that we have never been. I am sure we will love the people! To hear the stories of what God has done in that country is going to be amazing. I remember praying for the very first Calvary there when I was a kid. Now, I get to see the fruit of prayer! I look forward to the experiences we will have together as a family. I look forward to moving forward. I look forward to pressing in. 4 weeks. If I can just manage to get throught these 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment